- Employment contract
- Fixed Term
- Job / Mission
BNP Paribas Nordics Corporate & Institutional Banking is seeking to recruit its future Compliance Officer for the Nordic region, based in Stockholm from June 2023. This is a fixed-term agreement for 12-14 months.
About BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a leading European global bank with presence in 65 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Retail Markets, Investment & Protection Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a globally recognized leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions for large corporate and financial institutions.
The Nordic Region was flagged as a priority development region by BNP Paribas top management in 2017. The Group has strong growth ambitions for all three activities mentioned above. With around 1,000 staff across CIB, Consumer Finance (Personal Finance), Asset Management (BNP Paribas Asset Management and Alfred Berg), Factoring, Car Fleet Leasing (Arval), Leasing Solutions and Insurance (Cardif), BNP Paribas is already the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Be part of the Sweden and Finland Compliance team. Advise on regulatory and Group procedure requirements on different Compliance topics arising from the various business activities of BNP Paribas Sweden branch and BNP Paribas Finland branch. The focus in this role is AML/CTF and/or MiFID depending on the candidate profile.
About the job
- Advise business mainly on Swedish AML/CTF and/or MiFID regulations and Group procedures.
- Identify need to adapt Group Compliance procedures to local regulations and guidelines
- Represent Compliance team in different projects and committees
- Liaise and follow up tasks managed by nearshored Compliance teams
- Investigate alerts and follow up on corrective measures with 1LOD
- Perform Compliance controls and reporting’s
- Identify and escalate Compliance risks
- Fluent in English, Swedish preferred
- Law degree preferred
- Work experience 3-4 years from a regulator or a Compliance function in a financial institution
- Understanding of CIB products and services/professional clients aspects
- Attention to details
- Analytical mind-set
- Capability to independently follow up on tasks and prioritize
- Good communication skills
- Strong ethic culture
- Capability to understand navigate, complexity of large global organisation
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better. It helps us as well to better serve our customer and communities from every background. As a global bank, we want to welcome and retain all talents. empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, belief or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!