- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 75 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every CIB business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Nordic Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Global Market (GM) Corporate Sales Teams join forces and are looking for their next off-cycle Nordic Corporate DCM & Markets intern for the period January/February – June/July 2024. The internship offers 6 months of hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment covering the largest corporate experience but also an experience across a range of asset classes (Debt Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates Derivatives) covering corporate clients.
The role includes (but is not limited to):
· Supporting in the origination, structuring and execution of strategic financing and debt restructuring transactions
· Supporting activities by:
o analysing opportunities,
o performing industry, company, and market research
· Evaluating macro and credit risks to help value and price transactions
· Assisting in the development of roadshows and client marketing events
· Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you will be asked to actively participate
· Taking an active part and form a growing team in one of the Group’s key strategic geographical areas
· Providing market commentary for internal and external distribution.
· Identifying new clients for the business.
· Supporting client initiatives.
· Developing presentations for use by team.
· Confident verbal communication and networking skills
· Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
· Great multitasking and time management skills
· Team player
· Interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
· Ongoing academic degree with excellent track record
· Mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
· Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
· Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
We are open for applications until October 15th and will conduct interviews on a rolling basis. Apply with:
- Cover Letter
- References, if applicable
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!