- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- SALES DEVELOPMENT
BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 65 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas as part of its 2025 Growth Plan. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions, Exane BNPP, Asset Management and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the international bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Nordic Investment Banking team is seeking analytical and entrepreneurial candidates with a firm grasp of complex financial concepts and a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace for its 2023 Internship Program. The internships last for 10-20 weeks and offer successful candidates an opportunity to work in both a global and local context and to be directly involved in large, complex cross-border M&A and ECM transactions in support of Nordic and international clients.
Your role consists of assisting the Nordic Investment Banking team in originating and executing transactions. You will be exposed to a wide range of clients and projects. The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies and their industries
- Building and updating financial models
- Gathering market data to analyse industry context and help value and price transactions
- Drafting presentations and memorandums for both internal and external clients
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you will be asked to actively participate
- Knowledge of accounting and valuation techniques; Past practical experiences will be considered
- Can do-mentality and strong quantitative / technical abilities
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Excellent academic track record and fluency in English and a Scandinavian language
We offer 2 Off-cycle internships and 1 Summer internship for 2023. Start and end dates are flexible within the stated cycles.
- Cycle 1: January – June
- Cycle 2: June – August
- Cycle 3: August – December
Position start date: Hiring is done on an ongoing basis
We are open for applications until October 31st and will conduct interviews on a rolling basis. Apply with:
- CV and cover letter
- Detail for which cycle you are applying
- Academic transcripts and references, if applicable
For further information, please contact: Nordic.IB.email@example.com
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!