Nordic Securities Services Internship
- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Nordic Securities Services Internship
BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas in the Nordics is a leading global bank with a worldwide presence. Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is the Investment Banking Division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury, and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory
BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every CIB business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Asset Management, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Nordic Securities Services team is seeking highly motivated candidates interested in the financial markets with a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace. The Stockholm-based internship offers an opportunity to work in both a global and local context supporting Nordic institutional clients and be directly involved in originating securities services mandates.
The Nordic Securities Services internship offers experience across a range of multi-asset services helping clients achieve their ambitions in terms of both investments and cross-border distribution. Our services are closely integrated with the capabilities of the BNP Paribas Group, including financing and global markets solutions. The internship is full-time which give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of services, clients and markets, as a complement to your studies.
Your role consists in assisting the Nordic Securities Services team in originating new mandates and managing existing business relationships. You will be exposed to a wide range of clients and projects.
The role includes (but is not limited to)
- Gathering and synthesising financial and market information in relation to client activities
- Assisting team in sales and account planning, including tracking client activities.
- Drafting presentations and memorandums for both internal and external clients
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you will be asked to actively participate
- Work with team on client projects, including client procurement projects (RFI/RFP)
- Support team on global projects and manage sub-projects independently based on guidance from senior colleagues
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Team player showing ownership to drive challenges to closure
- Interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
- Ongoing academic degree with excellent track record
- Analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel and power point
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Schedule: Part-time – 50%
Duration: 6 + 6 months
Opening date: September 2023
Position start date: September 2023
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts and references, if applicable
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!